WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Friday, January 28, 2022

Friday Storm Update: Final Forecast; Blockbuster Storm to Impact the East

Good morning. The data is in and we have a blockbuster storm on our hands. For many areas this storm will feature heavy snow, wind, and bitter cold temperatures. The storm moves in late this afternoon  and really gets cranking by Saturday morning. For areas of eastern New England the snow will be measured in feet.

I am in Stowe VT for this one but coverage will continue. There will be late afternoon update today as the storm approaches. Also keep an eye on my twitter page for up to the hour updates.

My final forecast is below followed by a summary and detailed discussion..




Summary:

  • Major winter storm moves into the region late tonight
    • Snow starts to spread into the area from south to north early this evening to later tonight
    • Areas to the south will see snow start by middle of this afternoon
  • Heavy snow and wind then develop overnight into Sat morning
    • wind will be gusting over 40mph for many areas especially near the coast
  • The storm really starts cranking Sat morning into the afternoon with intense snowfall rates developing over eastern New England and other areas near the coasts of 1-3" per hour
    • This is where over two feet of snow will fall in places
  • By mid afternoon the worst of is it over for areas in NJ but heavy snow and wind continue in New England causing blizzard conditions at times near the coast
  • Storm finally tapers off Sunday morning

So lets take a look at how this has evolved. Models last night all started to converge on a solution that brings the heavy snow a little more west than I initially anticipated. This is due trends in the upper level energy really condensing and blowing up seen below.....



In simple terms what you are looking at is upper level storm energy trending deeper and stronger along the east coast. This means our storm can blow up and track closer to coastal areas. Due to this trend on all modeling, my map was adjusted accordingly.

At the surface, I like how the European shows this evolving. This loop is from later this afternoon into Sunday morning. Notice the dark blues which represent very heavy snowfall of 1" + per hour ...





Also notice the track of the low pressure system and its strength! The low is forecasted to possibly go below 970mb. That is extremely strong for a winter storm!

This means not just heavy snowfall but winds...




Above are wind gusts Saturday afternoon. Notice especially by the coast, winds will be gusting over 40mph at times. This will cause blizzard conditions/blowing and drifting of snow.

The epicenter of this storm is eastern New England. I expect over 2 feet of snow will fall in places. They will get caught in a powerband of snow Saturday morning into the afternoon that will drop multiple inches of snow per hour. We may even get reports of thundersnow!

Below are hourly snowfall rates at peak of the storm, notice the powerband of snow....



This could be historic and you will likely see some crazy reports coming out of eastern Mass etc tomorrow. The atmosphere will basically be maxing out over that area. 

Stay tuned I will have a late afternoon update as storm approaches. 

3 comments:

  1. Morning, I love your site.......I todays update you mention snow till "Monday" is this true ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW CAN I RECOVER BACK MY LOST FUNDS

      Expressive question entreated by victims. Here is the reason you need to know about the GLOBALKOS HACK TEAM.
      HEAR MY STORY. Valuable information and Privileges comes rare. People barely know what they have never experienced. I was a victim of a scam. Anyone from all walks of life can fall a victim when the time is right. I recalled how I came across a business website who promised a huge return on investment. I was so convinced. The website was good and after it whole convincement, I ended up depositing 7,000 dollars. I was silly and excited to think I could get 200% return on my investment the next day. the next day came, i requested for my profit then got nothing. To cut the story short, I realized I have lost my money after the story which was conveyed to me was mistrustful.
      After a year, I saw a review online that navigated me to Globalkos hacker who used some hack protocol whereby the locations and data of the deceptive provenience were traced into their monetary base network.
      He was able to recover more than what I lost. I was perplexed as I wouldn’t have thought i could encounter such guru. I feel so much happy till this day. I am sharing with you knowledge because so much people could benefit from this high classified information. As a victim, all you need to do is tender the information of either the website or company you had an encounter with, then the hacker do his private job.
      This company is large enough to provide comprehensive range of services such as.
      🔸MOBILE PHONE HACKS.(Catching A Cheating Spouse)
      🔸CREDIT SCORE UPGRADE,
      🔸PENETRATION OF WEBSITES AND DATABASE.
      and more.
      For prolific services and info,
      Contact the gurus.
      At theglobalkos@gmail.com

      Delete