WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thursday Storm Update: Interior Snow Threat on Track, Some Flakes Could Fly near Coast at End

Good morning. I outlined yesterday what I believed to be a interior snow threat for this weekend across the Northeast. More data has been coming in and details are starting to become a little more clear. I have enough information now to at least put together a preliminary forecast idea. Things can still change but we are within 48 hours so need to start making some calls. Otherwise, its a nowcast. 

Here is my initial estimate of what I think can happen Saturday morning through Saturday Night...



Not an easy forecast as there are multiple scenarios can can shift this west or east. Regardless, this is a storm for the interior. For areas in pink, this is rain to some wet snow towards the end of the event focused on the higher elevations areas of NE PA, NW NJ, NW CT. There potentially could be a few inches of accumulation there if everything comes together perfectly.

For the interior, I am fairly confident areas like VT,NH,ME and Interior MA see accumulating snow from this storm. In fact, I think several inches will pile up. This will also be focused on the mountain areas like the Catskills, Green, White mtns etc. 

Here is the latest projection of the storm from what I think is the most accurate model depiction at this time. This is from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon...


There are so many models and projections out there and I like to show one that closest resembles my ideas. There are projections that are more east and west of what you are seeing above.

I will have more much details by tonight and tomorrow more data comes in. For now I have moderate confidence in the forecast. We will see if any adjustments will need to be made.

Stay tuned. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment