WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Sunday Storm Update: Initial Estimate of Snowfall Amounts

*MAJOR WINTER STORM TO IMPACT THE REGION WEDNESDAY*

Good evening. We have what could be a potential blockbuster winter storm for some on Wednesday into Thursday.

I have enough information where I can make my first estimate of snowfall amounts . As always, I hope to not have to update this much but I will reevaluate it every 24 hours as new data comes in. 

My map below represents my ideas of what the storm will do and not any particular model. There are some models that show a much snowier solution further south than I have. That can happen but from what I am seeing I like the area I have for the heaviest snow. I will also note some models also show higher snow amounts than what you see below. Given we are 3 days away, I am not going to jump the gun on this yet.

For tomorrow, we also will have rain changing to snow  in areas of NW NJ, NE PA, and Southern New England. I expect 1-3" across the higher terrain with flakes flying elsewhere but not much accumulation. Regardless, don't be surprised if you see some accumulations tomorrow afternoon.

Here is my initial snowfall forecast for Wednesday into early Thursday:



 
Philadelphia is right on the edge with this one id go with 4-8". I may have to put them in the 1-3" band if this storm trends a little more north like I think it can. Balt/Washington also are in the 1-3" band. If I am wrong and the southern storm track wins, then you will see 6-12 in these areas.

The battle right now is how strong the high pressure to the north is and how far north this storm can come. Some models like the GFS do not agree with me and have the heaviest snow further south than what you see above. The reason I am not jumping on this is I think this storm pulls in some warm air from the ocean as it starts to transfer its energy off the coast. This means accumulations can be cut down for a period in areas like CNJ. Historical storms that are somewhat similar have done this. 

The European model is hinting at this...



The GFS model says I am wrong and it snows more south...



I think this will correct north with time.


For tomorrow, I am keeping my original forecast from yesterday...



That's all for now. I will have a pretty detailed update out tomorrow morning. Stay tuned, its going to be an exciting week!

4 comments:

  1. What is your rationale for a appreciable north trend? I live near Boston so of course it's welcome, but I'd love to hear why.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS It all depends on how fast 
    you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of
    hacking into any ATM machine, anywhere in the world. I got to know about 
    this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month 
    ago It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and 
    I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about 
    $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money 
    into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught 
    ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it 
    also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect 
    you. For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on :
    atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com Tell your 
    loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how 
    my life changed for good. Love you all . the email address again is
    atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone, Are you into trading or just wish to give it a try, please becareful on the platform you choose to invest on and the manager you choose to manage your account because that’s where failure starts from be wise. After reading so much comment i had to give trading tips a try, I have to come to the conclusion that binary options pays massively but the masses has refused to show us the right way to earn That’s why I have to give trading tips the accolades because they have been so helpful to traders . For a free masterclass strategy kindly paytondyian699@gmail.com) for a free masterclass strategy. He'll give you a free tutors on how you can earn and recover your losses in trading for free..

    ReplyDelete
  4. wth the help of Mrs Grace LILO and with his assistant and guidance I Reach out to Mrs Grace. She has helped me a lot when it comes to trading as I ran into a lot of losses with different brokers. I lost more than £29,000,400 to two different brokers but I got all my lost funds recovered and have been able to make good trade with her and it has been highly profitable to me. If there is anyone in need of an account manager who will show you how to best trade and  make formidable profit weekly using good and professional signals, Reach out on her Email  lilograce75@gmail.come or whatApp her +35196894256

    ReplyDelete