WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Monday, December 14, 2020

Monday Storm Update: Major Winter Storm on Track for Wednesday

*Very Powerful Winter Storm to Impact Region Wednesday*


Good morning. I made a few small tweaks to my snowfall map from last night. I wanted to hone in more on the I-95 corridor as that will be the hardest area to forecast with this storm. I will have an evening update at 7pm.

Summary:

  • A Major and potential blockbuster Winter Storm will impact the region Wednesday morning to Thursday morning
    • Snow starts south to north Wednesday morning into early afternoon
    • Snow ends Thursday morning after daybreak
  • The height of this storm is Wednesday night
    • Expect very strong winds, blowing snow and snowfall rates possibly over 2" per hour
    • Temperatures in northern areas will also stay in the low 20's through the duration of this event
    • Blizzard conditions will be possible in hardest hit spots
  • Along the I-95 corridor expect snow to mix in with sleet and potentially some rain especially to the south as the storm pulls in some warm air
    • This will cut down accumulations in areas like Baltimore/Washington and even as far north as Philadelphia
    • My map below reflects this
  • To the NW of I-95 this is the sweet spot for this storm where things will stay all snow for most
  • When it is all said and done many areas will receive over a foot of snow with some localized areas approaching 2 feet.

Here is my updated forecast:




Here is a modeled animation of the storm from the European model...


I actually think this is a good track with maybe a slight nudge more north when it is all said and done.

The GFS model below is more south and would mean the areas like Philadelphia get in on heavy snow. I think this is wrong at this time and we will see it adjust north.


This storm is a fine line between strong high pressure to the north and a powerful storm to the south. I am basing my forecast on what normally happens historically in these situations.

Stay tuned. Will have a big update tonight at 7pm.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the insight! For Middlesex County, are you leaning closer to 12” for snowfall or closer to 8”?

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 is a great middle ground for you

      Delete
    2. wth the help of Mrs Grace LILO and with his assistant and guidance I Reach out to Mrs Grace. She has helped me a lot when it comes to trading as I ran into a lot of losses with different brokers. I lost more than £29,000,400 to two different brokers but I got all my lost funds recovered and have been able to make good trade with her and it has been highly profitable to me. If there is anyone in need of an account manager who will show you how to best trade and  make formidable profit weekly using good and professional signals, Reach out on her Email  lilograce75@gmail.come or whatApp her +35196894256

      Delete
  2. I hope this is not a bust..... YOY it seems the same. The snow hype train hits Jersey and then fizzles out. I really would enjoy a whiteout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS It all depends on how fast 
    you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of
    hacking into any ATM machine, anywhere in the world. I got to know about 
    this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month 
    ago It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and 
    I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about 
    $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money 
    into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught 
    ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it 
    also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect 
    you. For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on :
    atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com Tell your 
    loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how 
    my life changed for good. Love you all . the email address again is
    atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete