WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thursday Morning Update: Snow Tappers of Later This Morning, Boom for Some, Bust in My Backyard

Good morning. Our winter storm is still cranking over many areas but will taper off as the morning progresses. Overall, there have been both some positive and negative surprises with this. The snowfall reports are still coming in, so his will get updated but below is an idea of where we stand right now. In NWJ which looks to be the "bust zone" (my backyard of course),I measured 9.2 inches and we may see up to another inch. There is a reason why this region in particular underperformed and I will explain in a post later tonight after all the reports come in. 



Looking above, the most impressive amounts are out in PA and especially the Albany region. In the Binghamton area in particular, over 3 feet of snow has been observed! We also have decent snow falling in southern VT. 

Again totals are not all in yet but compared to my map you can see what went well and what went wrong...



The 4-8" band and 8-12" band in PA and NJ and overall snow cutoffs did quite well from reports I'm seeing. This includes NYC metro which I see reports right in the range of 8-12" The biggest bust is NNJ where the average snowfall amounts will be  8-12" and not 12-18"

The 16-24 inch band over PA looks good but it needed to come al little further north towards Albany. Too early to call the Boston metro as it still will be snowing there next few hours. 

I will make he final tally's later but I give myself a C . It was good that I had a consistent forecast idea for a few days but the failure in NNJ takes a lot of points away.

Looking below you can see where the storm currently is located as of 715am...



Here is where it is expected at 10am...



1pm:



As you can see by the afternoon this is pretty much over in all regions.

Cold air follows in its wake and we return to an active weather pattern into the New Year. Our next shot at any substantial storm system looks to be between Christmas and New Years. Stay tuned for that.

That's all for now. I am going to go shovel my disappointing 9" of snow. I appreciate all the new followers last few days. I will have a summary of the final totals later tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Hey there, I’m David. I’m a software engineer living in Jersey City, NJ 07305, USA. I am a fan of web development. I’m also interested in Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. You can visit my company website with a click on the button above.
    Webroot login
    Office.com/setup
    Mcafee.com/activate
    Mcafee.com/activate
    Mcafee.com/activate

    ReplyDelete
  2. BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS It all depends on how fast 
    you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of
    hacking into any ATM machine, anywhere in the world. I got to know about 
    this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month 
    ago It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and 
    I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about 
    $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money 
    into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught 
    ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it 
    also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect 
    you. For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on :
    atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com Tell your 
    loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how 
    my life changed for good. Love you all . the email address again is
    atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wth the help of Mrs Grace LILO and with his assistant and guidance I Reach out to Mrs Grace. She has helped me a lot when it comes to trading as I ran into a lot of losses with different brokers. I lost more than £29,000,400 to two different brokers but I got all my lost funds recovered and have been able to make good trade with her and it has been highly profitable to me. If there is anyone in need of an account manager who will show you how to best trade and  make formidable profit weekly using good and professional signals, Reach out on her Email  lilograce75@gmail.come or whatApp her +35196894256

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got 11.5 inches from that storm

    ReplyDelete