WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Tuesday Update: Watching for Interior Ice and Snow Thursday to Friday

 Good morning. We have another storm system to track for Thursday into Friday. This time it will feature snow to the far north, with rain changing to ice to areas off the coasts. Models are still split on how hard the cold air presses, but I provide my initial thoughts below. Keep in mind this is a preliminary forecast meaning its is an initial estimate and can change. 

Here is a summary:

  • Moisture loaded wave of low pressure approaches the area on Thursday
    • Initially it will be warm enough for rain in most areas to the south of central New England
  • As the moisture approaches the area, a large area of high pressure will start pressing in cold air from the northwest Thursday evening
    • This will change the rain to ice for areas off the coast and NW-I95 Thursday night
      • At this time I expect we will see freezing rain and sleet
      • Good snow storm for ski areas
  • The storm will then end as some snow for some areas to the south.
  • At this time I am thinking rain for areas east of I-95 and near coasts
  • Bitter cold air then is featured for this weekend
Here is a very general threat map I made below:




As you can see I kept things general. No amounts on here yet but I am estimating where I think the ice line sets up as the cold air presses. 

So lets take a look at the overall setup to this storm system.

Cold air in currently in place and will stay in place through Wednesday. By Thursday a wave a low pressure tapping into the sob tropical jet will approach the region...



As this storm approaches, the existing cold air it place will try to hold but should still rise above freezing for many areas. I am showing the GFS model above because I think it is showing the thermals the best. 

By Thursday afternoon, all areas should warm above freezing and a sharp thermal gradient sets up over the region. It is where this gradient sets up what will determine the ice line...



The GFS model is most aggressive with pressing the cold air vs other models. It all comes down to the placement of a very large high pressure system that will try to press from our Northwest as the moisture approaches...



This will filter in very cold air in the lower levels turning the rain to ice for many off the coasts. We still do not know the exact placement of this pressure system and my map reflects how I think this will trend. In any event the GFS shows the ice line forming late Thursday night seen by pink...



Some models are more west but I think given the high pressure will be very strong to the west the press of cold air may be underestimated by some.  The GFS however is still likely overdoing this which is why I am not showing the next frame which presses this ice into CNJ.

In terms of moisture, the moisture flow due to the subtropical jet is very very impressive...


This mean precipitation amounts that will be quite high making this a potential signifigant winter storm Thursday into Friday.

Stay tuned for updates!

2 comments:

  1. HOW CAN I RECOVER BACK MY LOST FUNDS

    Expressive question entreated by victims. Here is the reason you need to know about the GLOBALKOS HACK TEAM.
    HEAR MY STORY. Valuable information and Privileges comes rare. People barely know what they have never experienced. I was a victim of a scam. Anyone from all walks of life can fall a victim when the time is right. I recalled how I came across a business website who promised a huge return on investment. I was so convinced. The website was good and after it whole convincement, I ended up depositing 7,000 dollars. I was silly and excited to think I could get 200% return on my investment the next day. the next day came, i requested for my profit then got nothing. To cut the story short, I realized I have lost my money after the story which was conveyed to me was mistrustful.
    After a year, I saw a review online that navigated me to Globalkos hacker who used some hack protocol whereby the locations and data of the deceptive provenience were traced into their monetary base network.
    He was able to recover more than what I lost. I was perplexed as I wouldn’t have thought i could encounter such guru. I feel so much happy till this day. I am sharing with you knowledge because so much people could benefit from this high classified information. As a victim, all you need to do is tender the information of either the website or company you had an encounter with, then the hacker do his private job.
    This company is large enough to provide comprehensive range of services such as.
    🔸MOBILE PHONE HACKS.(Catching A Cheating Spouse)
    🔸CREDIT SCORE UPGRADE,
    🔸PENETRATION OF WEBSITES AND DATABASE.
    and more.
    For prolific services and info,
    Contact the gurus.
    At theglobalkos@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost my job few months back and there was no way to get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn't get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan of $1000. and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $12,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take care of my family I don't know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good services.
For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via WhatsApp :+1(424)285-0682 or Telegram : @Bernie_doran_fx or Email : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete