WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Wednesday Storm Update: Updated Forecast for Saturday Night-Sunday

 Good morning. Below is my updated forecast map for the expected winter storm Saturday night into Sunday. This is my best initial estimate on what to expect. Nothing is ever a lock this far out but I do my best to try to make a forecast on where things may be trending.



The trends over the last 24 hours have been to weaken the storm vs yesterday. At this time folks in darkest shaded zone should expect a moderate snowfall starting just after dusk on Saturday night and ending Sunday morning.

There is no one model at this time that shows the storm evolving exactly as you see above but I will show the European as an example.

Storm still expected to move in after dusk on Saturday...



As the night goes on it really starts picking up in intensity...



The model above is overdone with the heavy snow that far south in my opinion. This should stay heaviest NW of I-78. 

By Sunday morning the storm is over.

Trends over the last 24 hours have been to weaken the storm seen below. This means no widespread amounts near a foot. It also means some colder air can stay around for areas near NYC which allows for some minor accumulations...



Stay tuned, many updates to come. Video tonight at 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment