WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Wednesday Update: Storm Moves in Friday Night

 Good morning. Our last storm worked out quite nicely, overall the forecast idea was a success.

Moving forward, we have a big storm that will impact the area Friday night into Saturday. At this time I expect an initial burst of snow in areas like NNJ NE PA into southern New England that will change to sleet and some rain. To the north over interior New England, it will be a major snowstorm.

Here is my initial forecast idea...


This is a rough idea and I will update this again tomorrow morning. You can see where I am targeting the heavy snow.

In term of timing this does not look to get started until after 6pm on Friday night. I do not anticipate any rush hour travel impacts. The storm ends late Saturday morning. 

As usual the weather models are offering different solutions. I always make my forecast based on what I think will occur not necessarily what they are showing now. 

The European models idea doesn't seem too bad...



As you can see that initial burst of snow changes to ice (orange) and rain to the south.


Stay tuned, more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment