WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Thursday Update: Light Snow Possible Tomorrow, Larger System Sun-Mon

Good morning. A few rounds of light snow possible tomorrow and Saturday with the potential for a larger storm Sunday into Monday. I do think the larger storm impacts areas more NW however.

Starting off, we will see some light snow move across the region tomorrow morning...


At this time I am thinking a Trace to 1" for NNJ and around 1 maybe a few local 3's for SNJ,CNJ, and Balt/Wash area. Timing is tomorrow morning. Nothing major but it will be a nuisance.

We then will have another weak system impact areas more NW on Saturday morning...



I expect up to another 1" for NW NJ into PA with a narrow band of 2-3 possible across extreme southern New England and potentially Long Island. We will have to watch how this develops.

We then turn our attention to a larger storm system for Sunday night into Monday. At this time I think this storm favors NW of I-95 for a variety of reasons. We will probably end up with some snow changing to rain for areas in green below..



I would expect accumulating snows from NW NJ to Southern New England but the heaviest still to the west of those areas. I can see 2-4" just to the NW of I-95 with 4-8" in the interior from this. 

The reason I am not too bullish on this for areas near the coast is there is nothing to lock in the cold air ahead of the storm. That means we need a perfect track for this to be all snow. The way this winter has gone, I will not give this storm the benefit of the doubt.

I will be watching this closely and have updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment