*Winter Storm to Affect Region Tonight*
It doesn't get much more calm before a storm than today. High temperatures will hit mid 50's to 60's in some spots with mostly cloudy skies.
- Strong winter storm moves into area tonight
- Snow starts just after Midnight and picks up rapidly in intensity
- At times snow will fall 1-2 inches per hour
- At daybreak the storm will be at its peak
- Snow starts to taper off by mid-morning
- When it is said and done many areas see 6-12 inches with some local areas over a foot
You would never know we are all under a Winter Storm Warning...
I have made no changes to my forecast from last night...
The final forecast will be released tonight with any necessary tweaks, so stay tuned for that. At this time I like what I have.
Latest models are still indicating a 6 hour heavy burst of snow peaking around daybreak. You can see projected radar for 7 am tomorrow morning with heavy snow for most areas...
This will not be ideal for travel, especially north and west where surface temperatures will be colder.
More tonight around 7pm.