- Rain this weekend starting as snow for some areas
- Ski country will see rain as well but the snow will last a little longer
- Bitter cold returns to the region by next week with temperatures not even reaching 20 in some areas to the north and struggling to reach freezing for most areas.
- A lot of this is due to a split in the polar vortex due to stratospheric warming
- We have shot at light snow next week from a clipper system but nothing crazy
- We then wait to see how the pattern evolves after 2nd week of January
- It is essential that we see high pressure develop over Greenland (negative NAO)if you want to see a big snowstorm as it locks in the cold air as storms approach
Happy New Year!