WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Thursday Night Storm Update: Major Winter Storm Becoming More Likely

The video tonight gives you guys my latest take on this potential major winter storm Sunday into early Monday. Higher scoring models such as the European and UKMET were very impressive with their evolution today. I like the map I put out this morning as a general idea of impacts. I will release my first accumulation map first thing tomorrow. Here are some highlights:


  • Chances increasing for major winter storm Sunday into Monday
  • Highest impacted areas should be north and west of I-95 with significant accumulations
    • I would expect to see around 6-12 inches for that region
  • To the south and east of 95 I expect accumulating snow but with mixed precipitation and some rain along the immediate coast
    • Lower amounts here on the order of around 3 to 6 inches
    • This includes NYC, Philadelphia, and Balt/Wash
    • I base this on my interpretation of how this storm will trend next 48 hours
  • Height of the storm is Sunday night into early Monday morning


No comments:

Post a Comment