Lets take a look..
Old GFS for Saturday..
New GFS (other models including the Euro trending north)..
This is NOT the trend I want to see 24 hours out.
Look at the difference in the "Dig" in the upper air energy projection compared to earlier runs..
It might be hard to see but the bottom image has a sharper dig to it and that is helping bring this low pressure north more along with the stalled front.
Here is the bottom line:
- There is an increased chance of rain for Saturday the 4th.
- This threat of showers is mainly during the day not at night
- Expect mostly cloudy conditions Saturday
- Skies should clear by the time the fireworks go off Saturday night
- Sunday looks like a beautiful day
Thanks for checking in. If anything changes in tonight model runs I will update tomorrow. Enjoy the holiday weekend!