- After the mild weather this week the pattern changes to a winter like set up for the last two weeks of March into early April
- This is backed up by support from all major models, pacific sea surface temperatures, trends in the stratosphere and the MJO
- It is important to note that it is March, so averages are higher than February which means below normal is not as cold.
- Consequently,I do not expect anyone to see high temperatures near NYC in the teens this month
- However, things should still get cold enough for a snow threat before it is all said and done for some areas.
- Baltimore/Washington and Philadelphia I think you are done with snow.
- Even for NYC it will be a close call but just inland and up into New England it's game on.
- For any skiers out there, ski season should extend well into April this year.
- If I had to target a period for a storm to POTENTIALLY develop it would be from the 19th to 24th.
Note: In the video I mentioned the word typhoon by mistake when talking about weather near Japan. There is no typhoon, I meant storm system.