Thanks for being patient guys I had to work a little longer than expected but above are my updated thoughts on the upcoming storm system. As we have been discussing the models have been trending north and that is reflected in this map. However, I do think certain models like the UKMET and GFS are a little too far north so I slightly adjusted them south.
A few things to note:
- Snow looks to break out in most areas late Sunday night
- Snow changes to rain in the green zone and freezing rain in the pink zone
- I expect the low level cold air to put up a fight which will cause the rain to freeze
- In the red zone, snow accumulates early Monday morning but then sleet should mix in by day break .
- This will cut down accumulations in that region
- There will be a paper thin gradient between 4 or 5 inches and 10 inches in this area depending on the intensity of the precipitation
- The closer you are to I-80 the better for more accumulations
- In times of heavy precipitation you can see a changeover to snow in the northern part of this zone which is why totals go up to 10 inches.
- The bulls eye is southern New England with this storm
- Some sleet may mix in to the south especially over NJ at times but overall I think its a significant snowfall
- Storm should be over by the early afternoon Monday
As always I will have a video update tonight around 6.