WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thursday Night: All Snow This Time

I was on the road most of the day so I did not have time to update blog. The storm yesterday spread a general area of 2-4 inches across North Jersey (I-80 corridor) and higher amounts close to 6 inches in Sussex county. As expected the snow changed to sleet then freezing rain before it tapered off. Forecasters did not expect as much frozen precip for our area and because of that the roads had alot of issues. Overall my snowfall map ended up being fairy accurate with the exception that northeastern NJ saw more snow than I thought and some areas south of I-80 in North Jersey had less accumulations. We hit the lower end of my totals for Morris County and my range of 4-6 for Sussex county turned out to be good. 

All eyes are now on Saturday where the next round of snow will spread into our area. At this time it looks like a light snow event with accumulation of 2-4 inches across the entire area. Rain is not an issue at this time. I am looking to see if the model runs tonight strengthen the storm before it passes to our north. If this happens then the totals can be much higher. I will post more on this event tomorrow in the AM. Check in for a snowfall map and timing for this next event. I will also outline my ideas for the month of January.


No comments:

Post a Comment