- Light snow breaks out in most areas later this afternoon
- Very minor accumulations initially from central nj north
- Heavier batch of precipitation then arrives late tonight into the early morning hours
- Rain for south jersey, icy mix to rain for central NJ and some additional snow accumulations to ice for north/NW Jersey
- More the north in new England more snow than ice falls
- Storm ends from west to east after daybreak on Monday
Here is the impact map (unchanged from yesterday)..
Initial batch of very light snow arrives later this afternoon...
There is then a break in the precipitation before the heavier batch arrives late tonight. You can see below how its rain to the south and snow tries to hold on initially in northwest counties of NJ into New England..
At this time northern nj and southern new England needs to be on alert for some icing.
Eventually warm air overwhelms and any snow that was falling in southern areas of the snow zone changes to ice and rain towards daybreak...
When it is all said and done this particular high resolution model shows a decent idea of what can occur and it not far off from my map....
Notice enhancement in snow totals in the mountain ranges. That is why I have 5'+ for those areas.
Next update later this evening as the final data comes in!