- Major tropical system effects the entire Mid-Atlantic region on late Saturday through Sunday
- Hurricane Hermine, which is about to make landfall in Flordia, will work its way up the coast as a hybrid tropical cyclone and stall just off the Mid-Atlantic Sunday and Monday
- *Not a final forecast, exact details on the track still need to be worked out including if this trends out to sea*
- The biggest threat with this system is in the immediate coastal areas
- Expect flooding, beach erosion, and winds gusting up to 65+ mph at the beaches
- The main impact zone looks to be somewhere between Delmarva and the Jersey Shore.
- For inland areas expect heavy rain and wind from late Saturday through Monday
- There will be a sharp cutoff in this rainfall somewhere just west of the interstate 95 corridor
- Several inches are possible for immediate coastal areas
Here is my initial threat map:
Here is my latest video discussion on this evolving situation...