WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas! Winter Storm Effects Northeast Tuesday

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone enjoys the days with their families. For winter weather lovers in the Northeast your Christmas gift this year is a big pattern change heading into next week. Our first round of winter weather comes Tuesday for New England. I discussed this threat yesterday and based on latest information my thoughts have not changed. Here are the main points:

  • Winter storm effects the region on Monday night through Tuesday
  • This threat is primary focused on New England (VT,NH,MA,ME). North Jersey into CT I expect initial round of wintry mix of snow/ice but a change to rain
  • Ski country makes out excellent with this storm system
  • Corridor between mostly snow and a mix looks to be I-90 (Mass Pike)
  • Overall big pattern change in the wake of this system.

I will release an initial threat map either tonight or tomorrow for this storm. I will also start to hone in on the finer details with how much wintry precipitation can fall before the changeover to rain in the NYC metro area.  

You can read my post from yesterday below.

Enjoy the day everyone and thank you for all for following over the last year!




No comments:

Post a Comment