WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday 9 PM: Winter Will Strike Back

I have been commenting especially in  the video I cut over the weekend that after this warm up we are in the middle of, winter is going to make a bold return. My ideas have not changed at all and in fact I think the atmosphere will be favorable end of next week for storm development. There are a lot of factors that are going to contribute to this big turnaround, but in a simple sense take a look at this..


















Looks like a complicated map, but all I want to point out is look at the orange warm air over the southeast and the frigid blue and green arctic air charging down from Canada. This is going to set up a battle ground end of next week (cold air colliding with warm produces big storms) where we can see a storm develop and travel from the gulf up the east coast. I am not calling at storm at this point, but the potential is there. 


I think we can all agree that's a big change from what the air feels like today, and that change will continue into Feb.

Stay tuned for updates on the upcoming cold and storm development as well as an upcoming video.

No comments:

Post a Comment