WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Sunday Morning Recap: What a Suprise

Good morning. What a Suprise yesterday! I never would of thought in a 5 hour period we would of seen those snowfall rates yesterday. It snowed 3 inch an hour in places. One of those places was my parents house in Schooleys Mtn NJ (1000ft)...

Here was the difference in 1 hr...


The total there was around 10 inches...



Here are some reports...



Of course this storm happens when I am hundreds of miles away.


So the lower amounts to the south came in as expected but for PA NNJ into Southern New England, I was low. My 3 to 5 should have been 5 to 10. The good news is this was a true suprise. This will be a good case study on how this evolved.

Here is a map of totals...


Vs my map...


As you can see i busted on the higher totals but did good with placement of heavy snow area.

In any event, massive warm up this week. 70s will be seen in spots. 

We will however have one more stretch of stormy weather for the 1st half of March. It will be interesting to see if we can get a big storm. I will comment more on that this week.

2 comments:

  1. We got just like an inch in southern mass. Such a bummer! I think winter is over . Oh well but awesome blog love following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that the NAM got this one right, came the closest. That happened once or twice last year too, IIRC. That model can be contrarian, but once in a while it calls it -- luck or skill? Jim G

    ReplyDelete