WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Friday, February 16, 2018

Friday Storm Update: Preliminary Snowfall Forecast



  • Winter storm to impact the region Saturday night into early Sunday morning
  • Light to moderate accumulations for many areas
    • Expect mixing and rain to the south with limited impacts
    • Highest impact zones are NE PA, NW NJ and Southern New England
  • Big cities (Phili,Balt,NYC) I do not expect high amounts
  • There is a chance this will fizzle out and I will reduce accumulations on the final Forecast (out tomorrow morning)
  • Confidence is moderate at this time

Colder air arrives tomorrow...


A low pressure system will then develop on the back of this cold air tomorrow night...


The cold air in place will be marginal. That means I expect rain to the south, mixing in the central areas and all snow to the north. My map reflects that.

This will be a quick hitter and is over before the sun rises on Sunday for most areas.

I still am not very impressed with this system and would not be surprised if I have to lower amounts tomorrow. 

Lets see what happens. Final update out tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment