WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday Morning Weather Discussion: Snow In the Forecast for Tomorrow

Good morning. Well although last weeks thaw took its toll on our snowpack, winter comes back this week with a light to moderate snow event for the region. 

Summary:


  • light snow moves into the area tomorrow afternoon
  • Snow starts to accumulate by the evening
  • Overall this will not be very intense with the exception of southern New England
  • Storm is at its peak Tuesday night as a coastal low takes over
  • Expect the snow to taper off Wednesday morning for most areas
  • Update will be out at 6pm tonight

So here is my map. For all areas in the 2-4 inch zone I do not expect this to be too intense just a longer duration light snow. For southern New England I do expect things to really pick up Tuesday night...



So lets take a look at whats going on...

A cold front moves into the region tonight into tomorrow...


Low pressure then looks to develop along this front Tuesday night...


The low then intensifies as it reaches New England Wednesday morning...

Off the coast snow growth should be decent with very cold air aloft. Ratios in NW NJ into areas of New England off the coast should  be decent. This means that there should be no problem picking up a few inches. I expect the jackpot with this system to be in northern Ct into Mass. 

In the wake of this storm, milder air moves in for next weekend.


I will have an update out at 6pm tonight, stay tuned!




2 comments:

  1. keep it coming. I will take it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete