WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year! Storm to Impacts Parts of Northeast Thursday

Summary:

  • Powerful storm to impact the Northeast Thursday
  • My initial thoughts on primary impact zones are eastern New England seen in my map below
    • these areas can see moderate to heavy snow and high winds
  • Further inland and to the south can see some snow, but at this time I am forecasting the light blue region stays on the edge
    • this means lighter accumulations possible
  • Much will change over the next 24 hours
    • My map below is how I think this will evolve and I will adjust things tomorrow with more detail
  • Next update 7pm


Good morning and Happy New Year everyone! I am sure you have noticed the arctic temperatures last night. Many locations region wide to the northwest saw below zero! There will be a lot more where that came from over the next 7 days.

Now to our storm, here is my initial impact map...


This is preliminary and will be updated. At this time I am forecasting a major storm to blow up off the coast and come just close enough to have some impacts on the Mid-Atlantic and more significant impacts on eastern New England. This means for areas like eastern Mass, RI, and ME can see moderate to heavy snow and high winds Thursday. For areas more inland and further south I left open the chance at some snow but at this time think it will stay just enough offshore to not impact areas in the light blue as significantly.

At this time models show the storm just off the coast...

I am anticipating that this will trend a little more west (that is reflected in my map) but not enough to make the Mid-Atlantic the main target zone.

Stay tuned I am going to have an update on this tonight around 7 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment