WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Wednesday Update: The Initial Christmas Forecast

The video below discusses my first attempt at the Christmas forecast. There is still the potential for the flakes to fly for many areas. We are at a period where forecasts have to start being made. Although this can change, these are my thoughts as of now.

Here is a summary:

  • Moderation in temps continues through the weekend
  • We then have a storm system passing to our west on Saturday
    • This storm system brings in a cold front that should get established just off the east coast
  • We then have to look out for a storm system to develop along the front for Christmas Eve to Christmas day
    • Details still unclear but I like certain dynamics I see such as a negative trough which can allow a surface low to develop
  • As of now I would say the target would be I-95 north and west based on the fact the true arctic air is still on the tail of this system
  • Much can change but that is where I stand at this time

Enjoy the video...


No comments:

Post a Comment