WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Thursday Night Quick Update

So I still am waiting till the critical 72 hour period before I really double down on my ideas of snow on Christmas or back off the idea if things do not look as promising.

Here is where the models stand now for Christmas day...

GFS- Snow showers and heavier snows up in New England...


European- weak low pressure, light snow...

Canadian- moderate snow....

Again the focus more of the northern Mid Atlantic and New England. The reason we are not seeing the stronger storm currently modeled is because the upper air energy is not modeled to be dynamic enough...


Models always struggle to handle how hard these shortwaves of energy dig or amplify until around 72 hrs before an event. That is why I am still watching this threat closely. At the very least, I think flakes will fly its just a matter of how many.

On another note, there are very strong signals in the long range for a potential very big storm at the end of next week.  I will discuss my thoughts around that over the next few days as well. All the classic ingredients needed will be on the maps its just a matter of if they come together and create the "big one". More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment