WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Saturday Morning Storm Update: Some Adjustments Needed

Good morning. Well, I am not going to be off to the best start this season as the approaching storm will be an under performer.  Looking at the new data along with the observations on radar this morning I am not impressed  with what I see. Dry air is eroding away the westward extend of the precipitation shield and although things will fill in it will cut down the accumulations some. I am sure you will see the public forecasts adjust as well today to this. 


Here is the updated map for today:




Most of this falls on the grass unless it is at a high elevation. Because of this, I do not anticipate any major travel issues today. Overall this will not be a very big deal at all and will whiten things up just enough for the holiday season. 

Looking at the latest radar you can see how the cold dry air is eroding away any impactful precipitation (circled in yellow). It was not supposed to start snowing until later this morning, but I still see this dry air as being an issue in terms of impact on total snowfall...





Here is an updated projection of the storm from now till 11pm...


You can see the snow fill in later this morning. The best shot at good snow continues to be up in New England where I have the 3-5 inch area highlighted on my map.

You can see below how recent model runs have cut down on the overall precipitation amounts...



This is no surprise given what I see on the radar currently. 

Lets see how this plays out today. I will have a midday update once it starts snowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment