WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Friday, December 29, 2017

Friday Afternoon Update: Very Cold, Light Snow Tonight, Storm Next Week?

Good afternoon. I am back from my ski trip now so normal posting will resume. The theme so far post Christmas has been the bitterly cold weather we are experiencing. It is currently 18 degrees in Morristown NJ which feels like 75 compared to the sub-zero temps I experienced in Vermont. 

The bitter cold will continue over the next 7 days at least as the air is sourced directly from the arctic...

This means well below normal temps...

This is very impressive and colder than I expected for December. Bundle up, many more single digits to teens to come for lows heading into the New Year!

So the next question naturally is will it snow?

Well it will snow lightly tonight into tomorrow morning. I do not expect much accumulation however...

Maybe up to an inch in spots but mainly a dusting.

We then turn to the middle of next week. Models were showing a potential significant storm for Wednesday and Thursday but have since backed off....

This can still change since we are over 5 days out. There actually are some players on the field here that could produce a fairly significant storm but its all about the timing....


We will have a strong impulse of energy (#2) dive in towards the Gulf.  This then can phase with northern jet stream energy (#3) if it is not too progressive. In order to slow down #2 and allow #3 to catch it we need to see #1 or the pacific trough pull back west. IF this happens we can have a major storm blow up and move up the coast.

The models are not showing this but there is enough time left for this to change. If I had to put a probability I this I would say 40% chance at this time. 

That's all for now, stay tuned for updates. 

6 comments:

  1. Welcome home Brother Will, we missed you. Please give us something Wednesday/Thursday since it would be a nice holiday vacation extension for some of us.

    Godspeed,
    Roy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im with you man, would be nice to start off the New Year with an old fashioned snowstorm. The potential is there and has increased over last 24 hours but we still need some things to trend to get this thing.

      Delete
  2. i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me. pauloakenfold.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not every day that I have the possibility to see something like this.. what is the weather for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. what is the weather for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. what is the weather for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete