Good morning everyone. Hot and humid will be the story of this week. Temperatures will be on the rise today along with humidity making for very unpleasant conditions out there. Here are a few highlights of the week:
- Hot and humid day today with temps climbing into the mid 90's
- Some showers and storms develop by later today as a front pushes through the area
- Tuesday and Wednesday feature more hot weather with temperatures in the low 90s
- The humidity will try to come down a little by Wednesday as drier air works its way into the region
- On Thursday, stalled front to our south tries to work its way back north bringing with it more humidity and a potential shower or two
- This unsettled weather can build by Friday bringing the chance for a few waves of low pressure to ride along this stalled front
- Things cool down into the 80s for the weekend with a few showers and storms possible
You can see in image below the humid flow of air moving into our area today as indicated by the rising jet stream (red)...
By later this afternoon a frontal passage can cause some showers and storms..
Once this front moves through things will dry up for mid week but temps will still stay on the hot side.
Our next focus is the end of the week into the weekend as this front may work its way back northward causing unsettled weather. The models are trying to show a few waves of low pressure develop by Friday along this front..
This would result in more wide spread showers and storms on Friday but we still need to wait and see how this front behaves and where low pressure might develop.
By the weekend things should cool down with overall nice conditions.
Thanks for reading.