WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday Morning Update: No Changes, Final Forecast Tonight

I am making no changes to the threat maps I put out yesterday. I will tweak them as necessary tonight when I put out a final forecast.

Here is the forecast from yesterday morning..





I feel pretty good about today's impacts on the left image. For tomorrow, determining where and how strong that inverted trough sets up is key. I can guarantee you that not everyone is going to be happy on Tuesday (those who like snow) but some should make out pretty decent. The key is where this inverted trough (dark blue zone) sets up. In this zone several inches of snow should fall tomorrow into tomorrow night. I still like the area I have from yesterday for the greatest impacts. Tonight I will try my best to hone in on this as much as possible. Expect some changes. 

More at 7pm. 

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't look like any big snow hits over the next 10 days (of course, now that I've said that . . . ). But as to cold -- yikes, the 10 hpa polar region temps are still climbing. There was talk of normal or above-normal temps down here at 1000 hpa after the 15th, but now I'm wondering. The cold February forecasts from last October might turn out to be right. Jim G

    ReplyDelete