Here is the bottom line:
- Anywhere south of MA, this is nothing to write home about.
- some front end snow sleet maybe in light green area quickly changing to rain Tuesday morning.
- Up in VT, I expect an initial heavy thump of snow early Tuesday morning changing to sleet by mid morning.
- Northern VT,NH and Maine have the best shot at the most snow represented by the dark blue area.
- The initial thump should bring several inches to ski areas
- This all clears out by end of the day Tuesday and earlier in tri-state area
- Overall it will be nice for ski areas to add to their base but unless your going to Jay Peak not worth the trip
Now I will do a bigger breakdown of the overall weather pattern tomorrow but I am extremely confident that this pattern change is coming and coming in hard. Starting around the New Year a lot of folks are going to be scratching their head wondering where it all came from. Not Weatherwilly's followers however ;-)
I did a lot of analysis on this pattern change over the last 2 weeks you can find in my old posts. I will update that tomorrow.
Fun times ahead, stay tuned!