WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Thursday Morning Comment

Warmer temps and rain to start the weekend then all signs point to a spring pattern locking in! Check this out..


The image above is basically showing  areas of warm and cold air due to the placement of the  jet stream on Wednesday of next week. Notice how we have a nice ridge of high pressure (yellow) from the south flooding into the east coast. This is the opposite of what we dealt with all winter and it allows warmer air to start to come into the area.  Say goodbye for the most part to high temps in the 40's. At pattern like this is all 50's and 60's! 

As we get later into April, we will have to be on the lookout for severe weather potential (thunderstorms). The posting might be be as frequent as is was during the winter, but there will always be commentary on this blog at least a few times a week. 

I still am going to also do a review of my winter outlook I released back in October which overall did not turn out too bad. The temperature forecast was pretty accurate and the snowfall actually came pretty close. We did not get those two big east coast storms I thought we would get but instead got a lot of moderate events. I will find a way to compare actual snowfall to my snowfall map when I have the time. In any case, here is a quick glimpse of the actual temperature departures from average compared to my forecast..

Actual Departures in C (Dec-Feb)


My Forecast in F



Overall I am satisfied with this performance, but the entire forecast was not perfect. I will go into more detail when I have time to break down all the components of it. I will post the review on a separate tab on the blog

Thanks for checking in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment