WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Monday, February 10, 2014

Major East Coast Storm to Effect Area Thursday

Below is my video update on the Major Nor'easter that will effect our region very late Wednesday night through Thursday. I believe this will be by far the biggest storm of the year for interior NJ and New England. This is not a major snowfall for central and south Jersey. I think decent accumulations will occur in those areas but they will be tapered by sleet and rain working its way in towards the middle of the storm. To the north and west of I-95 expect a major snowfall with high winds, blowing and drifting snow. I have all the play by play details in the video below along with my updated map. Of course having two days to go nothing is set in stone so please do not alter your plans at this time. Wait until tomorrow night to make sure my ideas are coming to fruition. I will say however, I think it is important to make a forecast and take a unwavering stance as part of the philosophy of this blog. Below is my going forecast.





4 comments:

  1. My wife and I greatly appreciate your weather prognostication skills, Weather Willy. We're both technical types so your level of detail and analysis is great! I did want to say - I think there may be a typo in the graphic posted on 10 Feb 14 at 1930 hours or so - the red line on the bottom left of the snow total graphic says Friday night, when I think you may have meant Wednesday night. No biggy - this darn storm will be on all of us soon enough. All the best and thank you for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate that thank you. And your right here is a typo I just corrected, thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That line if demarcation between heavy accumulation and less amounts always seems to run right down the middle if where I live in Essex county.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Essex county can turn out fine in terms of accumulations with this storm. You are very close to the border of the warm air that I still think will work its way in aloft causing a change to sleet for a portion of the storm. Decent accumulations possible.

    ReplyDelete