WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Sunday, February 9, 2014

10pm Update on Thursday's Coastal Storm Threat

Good evening everyone, i had to cut things a little short due to the fact I lost power at my house and I have a low computer battery. I cut a video on details behind Thursdays storm threat on what I think will happen and also provided a basic summary below for viewers who are not as interested in the fine details. More info to come as I get power back tomorrow.

Brief Summary:

Our area is under the potential threat for a coastal storm on Thursday. This storm has the potential to produce significant snow accumulations north and west of I-95 where I think the cold air will hold. South and east of I-95 I expect snow changing to rain. The weather models are not in perfect agreement on this system. The american model keeps the storm weaker and off shore, while the European and Canadian blow up a very strong low pressure system. Based on the pattern we are in and the lack of consistency in the American model, I am favoring the stronger solution of the European model. In addition we have a set up in place that favors an interior snowstorm. To add, this is the time of year we normally get the bigger storms. Too soon to discuss accumulations, I will likely have more details on that in the next day or two. The bottom line is I am increasingly confident a storm system will occur for our region Thursday. The finer details still need to be worked out. Many more updates to come tomorrow. 


Video with the details and differences in model guidance: 

No comments:

Post a Comment